Holy Oil, Holy Bread, Holy NameLeviticus 24
This week we will be studying the things specifically called out as Holy in the service of the Lord (the Oil, Lampstand, and Shewbread within the Holy Place, and the respect God demands of his Holy Name), as well learning how to determine Godís will in making difficult decisions.
Read Chapter 24 and then answer the following:
- List the three pieces of furniture found inside the Tabernacle in the Holy Place, as well as their role in Priestly service.
- What does the Oil for the Golden Lampstand symbolize? (See also Zech. 4:1-6)
- What does the Lampstand symbolize? (See also 2 Pet. 1:19 and 1 Cor. 2:9-16)
- What do you believe the 12 loaves of Shewbread symbolize?
- Which of the Ten Commandments was broken by the blasphemer of Godís Holy Name?
- What can we learn about determining Godís will from the way in which Moses handled the blasphemer? (i.e., What actions did Moses take to learn Godís will?)
May God richly bless you this week. Thanks for studying with us.
Yours in Christ,