Lesson 7 - The Day of the Lord1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
This week we'll look at the rest of Paul's discussion on end times and how we are to be knowledgeable of these events. With this knowledge, we are to encourage one another and to be watchful as we eagerly await the return of our Lord. Last week Paul spoke of the Rapture, the time when Christ will call up his bride, the Church, into heaven. This week he looks at the events that will take place following the Rapture.
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 and consider the following questions:
- Who knows the exact day and time when Christ will return? Is it possible for us to also know? (Matthew 24:36)
- When is "the day of the Lord"? What is it referring to? (Isaiah 13:9-11, Joel 2:28-32, Zephaniah 1:14-18, and 3:8-11)
- When will "the day of the Lord" occur and what are the signs? (1 Thessalonians 5: 2-3, Matthew 24: 36-41, and 42-44)
- In 1 Thessalonians, chapter 5, verse 3, who are "they"? (Matthew 25:1-13)
- What does Paul tell us that we are to do in verses 4-6?
- What does 1 Thessalonians 5:7 mean?
- In verses 8-11 of chapter 5, Paul encourages us, as we are to encourage others. What does he tell us that is encouraging, so that we can share it with others?
Have a great week everyone!
Yours in Christ,