This site is dedicated to honoring my dad, Don Husted Sr., who is celebrating his 90th birthday in July of this year (2009).
An active Christian since early childhood, my dad has many gifts, one of which is rhyming. Resulting from a game his mother, my grandmother, would play with him as a child, they would often spend the entire day talking only in rhyme.
Over the years my dad has used this gift as a witness and, combined with his great sense of humor, he has created many endearing poems.
With the help of my dad and my eight brothers and sisters we have collected many of dad’s poems and other literary miscellany, and have posted them here for everyone to enjoy.
Dad’s prayer, and mine, is that Christ be glorified in all that we do. So may these poems inspire you to faithfully follow Christ as your Lord and Savior!
A special thanks to my dad for allowing us to share these with you.
Yours in Christ,
- Introduction: Why I Rhyme
- - I learned quite a few things, hangin’ on mom’s apron strings!
- Angels - Part 1
- - Not all angels reside in heaven; some are here on earth
- Angels - Part 2
- - A poem about a couple of angels serving in our church
- Biloxi - 2006
- - In God’s family, it’s easy to make friends
- Birthday Wishes
- - A little something to keep you out of the rough
- Born Again
- - I am a living miracle
- Confessions of a Winner
- - God’s touch trumps talent every time!
- "Don’t Quit" (redux)
- - A new twist on an old classic
- - Not all name-calling is bad
- - We reap what we sow
- Grand Dad, A
- - Some dreams really do come true!
- Greetings from Frog Hollow
- - A little something from our lily pad to yours
- Happiness is Spelled D-O-R-O-T-H-Y
- - A tribute to the most wonderful woman on the face of the earth
- He’s Livin’ in Me
- - "You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart!"
- High Seas
- - You will never find a better helmsman than God
- How is Your Faith?
- - Think you’ve got it tough? Check out some of these guys
- If You Wanna Be a Writer...
- - Just do it!
- I Saw It Happen
- - I was there!
- - The bulb in God’s lighthouse never goes out
- Love is Spelled WesDonJudRussRonBernMelBarbJeff
- - A poem about nine of God’s most special creations
- Love: What Is It?
- - It might not be what you think
- Mary Had a Little...Goat?
- - Here’s a new spin on an old favorite
- Miss Lucky
- - Are you "reeling in the years"?
- New Creature
- - No matter how good your family is, they can’t get you to heaven
- Pastor Ray Spears
- - A shout-out to one of God’s faithful shepherds
- Reason for the Season, The
- - Sometimes it’s real easy to forget what it is
- Seasoned Citizen
- - A poem about my most favorite age
- "Send Him"
- - Two words that we should avoid using when God calls us to do His work
- - The light that never fades
- Stand Firm
- - A call to arms for God’s soldiers
- Thanks for the Memory
- - A poem in remembrance of the One who saved me
- Answer Me This...
- - "You’ve got questions?" We’ve got even more questions...
- Bible History
- - A few well-known facts about the Bible -- and a few little-known ones as well...
- Big Bucks
- - Have I got a deal for you!
- Brief AUTObiography, A
- - You think that you know your cars? Here YUGO!
- Cast for Play
- - Sometimes actors don’t always pick the best stage names...
- - My first golf lesson
- Fourth Marriage
- - If at first you don’t succeed...
- Jesus Came Down to Save Your Soul
- - God sent his son Jesus to be our lifeboat
- - There’s nothing corny about these jokes . . . trust me
- - Fellowship among believers
- Mary Rose
- - This one is short and to the point
- Potato Love Story, A
- - "You want fries with that?"
- - Begin with the end in mind
- Story with a Lot of Spice, A
- - A lot of savory details in this one
- - We’ve got some work to do
- We’ve Got to be Spreadin’ God’s Word
- - Sung to the tune of "You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille"