Lesson 3Various Scriptures
This week, as we continue our study of 2 Corinthians and our emphasis on understanding and proclaiming the Gospel Message, I hope that you have been pulling together your prayer list for the lost. It has been overwhelming personally as I consider the growing number of those loved ones around us who so desperately need Christ. Please take a moment each day and pray for those on your list. Lets all pray that through our prayers, souls will be reached and lives changed as Christ enters their hearts and brings them back to an active and fruitful walk with Him.
In class this past week we did not get as far as I would have liked, so we will be using the same material from last week. However, there are four additional questions we will be examining this week that most of you will encounter when sharing the gospel. I would like you to consider them this week and look at a list of scriptures that I have included in order to help you generate your answers.
In this lesson, well be answering the following four questions:
- Were any people saved before Christ came, died on the cross and was resurrected?
- How were Jews or others "saved" before Christ went to the cross?
- What about the natives who live deep in the Amazon Jungle, or tribes in Africa who have never heard the Gospel Message?
- What is the basic difference about salvation between the Old and New Testament views?
To help you answer these questions, research the following list of verses I know its a long list, but it will shed great light on your view of salvation and in answering the questions above.
- In Deuteronomy 32:15
- In 2 Samuel 22:3 and 22:47
- In 1 Chronicles 16:35
- In Psalms 18:46, 24:5, 25:5, 27:9, 38:22, 42:5, 42:11, 43:5, 65:5, 68:19, 79:9, 85:4, and 89:26
- In Isaiah 17:10, 19:20, 43:1, 43:3, 43:11, 45:15, 45:21, 49:26, 60:16, 62:11, 63:8
- In Jeremiah 14:8
- In Hosea 13:4
- In Micah 7:7
- In Habakkuk 3:18
- In Luke 1:47, 2:11, and 14:1
- In John 4:42 and 10:30
- In Acts 5:31, 13:23
- In Romans - 1:19-20
- In Ephesians 5:23
- In Philippians 3:20
- In 1 Timothy 1:1, 2:3, and 4:10
- In 2 Timothy 1:10
- In Titus 1:3, 1:4, 2:10, 2:13, 3:4 and 3:6
- In 2 Peter 1:1, 1:11, 2:20, 3:2, and 3:18
- In 1 John 4:14
- In Jude 1:25
May God richly bless you as you study His Holy Word this week.
Yours in Christ,