Lesson 2: The Day of Christ, The Rebellion, The Antichrist - Part 12 Thessalonians 2:1-17 and 3:1-18
In this two-part lesson, we will examine End times, the Antichrist and the role of the Church today in light of the Apostasy and Rebellion and the subsequent Second Coming and Day of Christ.
Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 and 3:1-18 and consider the following questions:
- Paul refers to "the Day of Christ" in 2 Thessalonians 2:2. What are the two things that must happen prior to this "Day?" (See 2 Thess. 2:3-4.)
- Who is the "son of perdition?" (Hint: he is NOT Satan.)
- What does the Antichrist do? (See also Daniel 7:23 - 27.)
- ANSWER 1: He sits _________.
- ANSWER 2: He tells everyone he is _______.
- ANSWER 3: He changes times and ________.
- When is the Antichrist revealed? (See 2 Thess. 2: 8.)
- What do you suppose is now holding back evil that will need to be removed in order to reveal the Antichrist?
- If you believe that the Holy Spirit is currently holding back the advance of Satan and the revealing of the Antichrist, then you can also see how the doctrine of the rapture affects the true church. If the Holy Spirit is "removed," what happens to the true church at that time?
In the next lesson, we will complete our study of 2nd Thessalonians.
Have a great week everyone!