Lesson 12Daniel 11:36 – 12:13
With this lesson, we conclude our look at Daniel’s visions and God’s prophecies regarding the end of the "time of the Gentiles", the return of Christ, and the establishment of His Millennial reign. We will also be examining some of the prophesies concerning the Anti-Christ — "The King who exalts himself" — as recorded in Daniel Chapters 11 and 12.
Daniel’s last prophesy is about the rule of the Anti-Christ, his defeat, the return of Christ as the King of Kings, and the restoration of the nation of Israel following the "time of the Gentiles". In conjunction with this prophecy, Daniel is shown the answer to his question regarding Israel and what will happen to the Jews once the Babylonian exile is completed.
Throughout this study, we have discussed Daniel, the man himself, and how he comported himself during the uncommon times he found himself in. In all of the book of Daniel, he displays his great faith in God and his unwavering desire to seek God in prayer on all matters big and small. He is highly esteemed by God. Fittingly, the last verse of the book contains a blessing, a personal promise to Daniel from God. It is a promise that each of us share as well, thanks to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May you know him as I do, and may the study of this book serve to further strengthen your faith in Him.
Read Daniel 11:36 – 12:13 and consider the following:
- The king described in Daniel 11:36-39 is different than any king before him. What are some the things that he will do which will set him apart from all previous kings?
- When will the Anti-Christ speak unheard of things against God, and for how long? (see Revelation 12:5-7)
- Could the Anti-Christ be a Muslim, i.e., a follower of Islam? (see Daniel 11:36-37)
- Who is the "one desired by all women"? (see Daniel 11:37)
- The Anti-Christ establishes himself "in the beautiful land", meaning Israel; and for a short time, he is king over all the people. (see Revelation 13:7-8) But what does Daniel tell us will happen next? (see Daniel 11:44-45, Revelation 16:12 and Daniel 9:13-16)
- In Daniel 12:1, Daniel is told about a time of distress that is coming for "your people". Which people is the prophecy referring to?
- What event is described in Daniel 12:2-3, and when will it happen?
- Daniel 12:4-13 concludes with the angel explaining to Daniel what is to come, and how long it will take, once the "daily sacrifice is abolished" and "the abomination that causes desolation" is set up. What is this referring to, and how long will this last?
The visions and prophecies that God reveals to us through Daniel provide us with a roadmap of God’s plan for redeeming his people and for setting up Christ’s Millennial Kingdom. Through them, we can have a better understanding of much of end time prophecy; and we can have faith that God is in control, and His Son Jesus truly is the only way of salvation.
Have a great week everyone, and thanks again for studying with us.