God's Land and His Plan for ItLeviticus 25
This week we will be studying (1) how God planned to manage the land that he would give his Holy Nation, (2) how they were to manage their affairs, and (3) how they were to depend on Him. You will find this chapter to be one of the most fascinating to study, as we look at the Sabbath Year and Year of Jubilee.
Read Chapter 25; then consider the following:
- Which year was to be a year of rest for the land, the people, and the animals? (Can you imagine – a whole year of rest for everyone and everything in God’s creation?)
- Read Deuteronomy 15:1-11. List the events that were to take place during the Sabbath Year.
- Read Deuteronomy 31:9-13. What special activity were the priests to engage in during the Sabbath Year?
- Read 2 Chronicles 36:21, Jeremiah 25:8-11, Jeremiah 29:10, and Leviticus 26:40-45. What conclusion can we draw about the Jewish people’s ability to keep or observe the Sabbath Year?
- How often was the Year of Jubilee to be? (Hint: Pentecost uses same number; also, the Year of Jubilee followed seven Sabbath Years.)
- What did the prophet Isaiah see as a picture of the Year of Jubilee for his people? (Isaiah 61:1-3)
- Can you find any scripture which indicates that the Year of Jubilee was ever celebrated?
- Read Leviticus 25:25-55. What does this passage tell us about the Kinsman Redeemer and our relationship to both God and Christ?
May God richly bless you this week. Thanks for studying with us.
Yours in Christ,