Missions: 13 Weeks
Week 5The Gideons
Welcome to our fifth week of studying about missions and focusing on actual mission related work currently on-going in our neighborhood and around the world. This week we’ll look at an organization called “The Gideons”.
Focused on spreading the Gospel one person at time through the distribution of scripture the Gideon organization is a world wide ministry to millions of Christians and lost alike. Be sure to visit their website at www.gideons.org.
For this week’s lesson answer the following:
- How many countries are the Gideons currently serving in?
- What’s the mission of the Gideons?
- What do the Gideons actually distribute?
- How many languages of the Bibles and New Testaments do they distribute?
- How do the Gideons distribute their material?
- In what year was the Gideon’s organization formed and who formed it?
- Why are hotels one of the main distribution avenues for the Gideons?
- What was the first Christian denomination to openly support the Gideons?
- How many members and auxiliary members do the Gideons have today?
- Altogether how many copies of scriptures have the Gideons distributed worldwide since 1908?
- Why does Bible verse Mark 4:14 apply?
What an exciting and impactful ministry spreading God’s word individually one person at a time one scripture at time around the world. Let’s continue to pray for their ministry and the millions of lost souls who can be affected for the Kingdom through their work.