Missions: 13 Weeks
Week 6International Justice Mission
Welcome to our sixth week of studying about missions and focusing on actual mission-related work currently on-going in our neighborhood and around the world. This week weíll look at an organization called "International Justice Mission" (IJM).
Focused on defending human rights for those who canít defend themselves, the IJM is a global organization seeking justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. Visit their website at www.ijm.org.
Based on your findings at IJM's web site, answer the following:
- Which countries is the IJM currently working in?
- Where is the IJM Headquartered?
- How does IJM intervene for victims in countries where injustices are occurring?
- There are six Casework Types that IJM supports, what are they?
- When was IJM founded?
- Who founded IJM, and why did he do it?
- Why is Isaiah 1:17 a verse that applies to IJM?
- Where does IJM gets its financial support?
It's encouraging to know that an organization like IJM is following Godís commands to defend the oppressed. With so much tragedy and abuse in the world around us, the success of the mission of IJM is another clear indication that God is on His throne, sees the injustice and is working through ministries like IJM to correct it. Let's pray this week for the continued success of this ministry, and lets pray for the end of slavery and sexual violence and oppression. Glory to God that through Christ there is hope for one and all, especially the violently oppressed.