Missions: 13 Weeks
Week 8Precept Ministries
Welcome to our eighth week of studying about missions and focusing on the mission-related work currently on-going in our neighborhood and around the world. This week we’ll look at an organization called "Precept Ministries International".
We will be blessed in our church by having Gladys Kuhlmann introduce us to Precept Ministries this coming Sunday. She has been involved in Precept for many years, and I am excited that she will be sharing her experiences and love for this ministry with us.
Precept Ministries' mission is "to establish people in God’s Word." Their vision for accomplishing this is to reach "everybody, everywhere, any time, any place, any language, and any age with one message: the Bible, and one method: inductive study."
Their website is located at http://www.precept.org.
Based on your findings at the Precept web site, answer the following:
- How long has Precept Ministries been around, and how did it get started?
- Where is Precept Ministries headquartered?
- What is "inductive Bible study", and what are the three steps associated with it?
- What is the preferred Bible translation used by Kay Arthur in Precept studies?
- What are six different ways that you can get involved in Precept Ministries?
- What two online media resources available for participating in a Precept Bible study?
- What is the "E-Team", which person from the Bible is it named after, and why?
- Bonus Questions:
- How did Kay and Jack Arthur meet?
- How did they end up returning to Chattanooga, TN?
As I mentioned above, in my home church, Southview, we are fortunate enough to have Gladys Kuhlmann as a leader for Precept studies, typically teaching her classes twice a week: once during the day, and once during the evening. This accommodating class schedule enables many people to study God's Word together who would normally not be able to do so.
It is exciting to see a ministry like this which teaches and encourages people to study and interpret the Bible, using the inductive approach -- which, in turn, enables and empowers the Bible seeker to read and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, understand what God's Word is saying to us today!